Out of sorts

The day started badly with some kind of flashback dream and I woke earlier than normal, early enough to get the end of Petroc's programme on Radio 3 - usually I only make it in time for Essential Classics which starts at 9am, and rarely before 9.30am. I had breakfast and then felt hideously fatigued so went to bed. I must have slept for about 90 minutes because when I went to my phone there was a missed call from a concerned neighbour because I had not responded to our street WhatsApp group about a potential visit to the post office depot. Because by this time  I was feeling like I had a temperature and with a dry sore throat I decided to decline the kind offer just in case I was harbouring any germs, never mind Covid-19, which, by the way, Prince Charles has, although Camilla doesn't. See - it even gets the Royal Family!

On Facebook one of my friends had put to use a different colour heart by way of response depending on how you were. I put an orange heart which meant I was suffering, or not in a great way. Straight away my friend replied to find out how I was and suggested to do some breathing exercises. It was really thoughtful.

I circulated a link to an App that charts everyone's symptoms (individually) and it is all collated so that they can monitor the spread of the virus. Here is, in case you are interested https://covid.joinzoe.com/?fbclid=IwAR2TxtyuAm2eGPasPBMiJYFt2w_frPiy-Cp10rbMrsvL-YuArjNvKYLFHVQ

I then watched more of Malory Towers on IPlayer - I must say it really is excellent, sadly I am already on the last episode so will have finished it tonight. It is a 'must view' for all those Enid Blyton fans out there. It is based on a girl's boarding school, and I have read them time and again.

I managed some French writing from yesterday's work, but no new work as my head felt too fuzzy.

We still have no post, but that is because there are only 8 postmen working - I think we have been discouraged from visiting the depot, so whether my neighbour and I will go tomorrow depends on what else we hear.

It is so quiet out here, but the weather remains beautiful - very sunny and warm, although there is more of a breeze today.

The Excel building is being set up as a hospital for 4000 patients  - incredible - to be ready next week. The NHS have been inundated with people offering to volunteer. I only wish I could, but my health doesn't dictate that. So I can only write. Let's hope whatever I am feeling today moves on. Needless to say I haven't gone out today, but will need to tomorrow, or call upon the help of my amazing neighbours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of Covid-19 - Tuesday 24th March 2020

Statistics, symptoms and shopping queues